We are looking for an experienced Litigating Paralegal to join our growing Pravati Capital team. The Litigation Paralegal will manage all of the details throughout every phase of the trial – from investigations to pleadings and discovery. The ideal candidate will be responsible for assisting attorneys in all stages of litigation matters. This candidate should feel comfortable conducting research, doing data entry, scheduling, maintaining case files, and completing other ad-hoc requests, as needed.
The Litigation Paralegal works very closely with attorneys, assisting in depositions, witness preparation, and research. The paralegal is typically the one who prepares and handles all exhibits. They will also act as an assistant to the attorney during the court proceedings. Once the trial is over, the Litigation Paralegal will be responsible for closing out the case documents.
- Draft routine legal documents for review and use by attorneys.
- Compile and prepare draft discovery responses.
- Categorize and interpret data; review and analyze reports, responses and records produced by opposing counsel.
- Coordinate requests between multiple parties involved in litigation by way of consistent communication with client, claims and full partnership with attorney through end of case.
- Prepare, organize, and file documents and correspondence.
- Conduct legal research.
- Update and maintain internal databases.
- Prepare witness and other materials for case preparation.
- Organize relevant documents for attorney review and case preparation.
- Prepare for, and attend, depositions.
- Prepare and organize exhibits during depositions.
- Prepare and file all court documents.
- Coordinate and schedule calendars.
- Associate degree, Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 2+ years' as Litigation Legal Assistant or Paralegal
- ABA-approved paralegal certification with a focus on litigation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- High attention to detail
- Resourceful research and analytical skills
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects and tasks
- Proficient in Microsoft Office