We are looking for an experienced General Counsel to join our growing Pravati Capital team.
The General Counsel will report to the CEO of the company and will work individually and/or collaboratively with the other members of the legal and executive leadership team on a variety of complex business and legal issues pertaining to the Company, including but not limited to, the duties and responsibilities set forth below.
Duties and Responsibilities
- 15-25 years of litigation experience
- Manage team of Accounts Receivable objectives and mandates
- Handle and manage complaints to the courts on borrowers
- Provides legal counsel and guidance to the officers of Pravati and other upper management on all legal matters relevant to a large private investment fund, including personnel law, policies, procedures, rules, and regulations, and laws pertaining to contracts, UCCs, the SEC, and other regulations impacting the company.
- Anticipates and identifies legal issues and counsels officers of Pravati and other upper management in order to develop legal strategies and solutions, often in situations of great political, public relations, or financial risk or significance, and with limited time for assessing alternatives.
- Reviews, researches, interprets, and prepares both written and oral opinions on a wide variety of legal issues.
- Drafts, reviews, and approves policies and procedures and legal documents.
- Reviews contracts and other legal documents; researches legal issues and recommends revisions as necessary.
- Represents or oversees the representation of Pravati and upper management in judicial and administrative proceedings, and in negotiations with other parties.
- Selects and retains outside counsel, as required, to obtain legal opinions or to handle claims and litigation.
- Supervises legal work of other attorneys, paralegals, and outside counsel; consults on difficult or sensitive issues.
- Maintains professional growth and development through seminars, workshops, and professional affiliations to keep abreast of latest developments in litigation finance law and in other related areas.
Education & Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree – Finance or Business preferred.
- JD from an accredited law school
- Ability to provide competent legal advice and counsel to senior officials on a wide range of legal and policy issues.
- Ability to analyze and interpret issues and to prepare legal opinions.
- Knowledge of current and developing legal issues and trends in area of expertise.
- Ability to supervise and coordinate the work of legal professionals, paraprofessionals, and consultants.
- Knowledge of financial/business analysis techniques.