Pravati Capital is searching for a Legal Investment Analyst to join our growing Pravati Capital team. The Legal Investment Analyst will report to the CEO of the company and will work individually and/or collaboratively with the other members of the legal and executive leadership team on a variety of complex business and legal issues pertaining to the Company, including but not limited to, the duties and responsibilities set forth below.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Examine and assess legal, economic, market trends, earnings prospects, financial statements and various other indicators and factors to determine suitable investment strategies.
- Performing due diligence on cases for potential investments, including delving into the facts and legal issues presented by the cases and exercising good judgment regarding the merits of the cases and their likelihood of success.
- Look back at previous investment decisions and the thought process of making the investment decisions.
- Liaise with law firms, claimants, and network with industry professionals.
- Monitor closely legal and financial press and keep a track of market trends, opportunities, risks, and new investment products.
- Compile advisory reports and make informed recommendations on new investment opportunities that could enhance or diversify portfolios.
- Maintains professional growth and development through seminars, workshops, and professional affiliations to keep abreast of latest developments in litigation finance law and in other related areas.
Desired Skills & Experience
- 7-10 years practicing litigator in commercial and/or civil litigation, highly important.
- Bachelor’s Degree – Finance or Business preferred.
- JD from an accredited law school and active State Bar membership with Arizona.
- Sharp legal analytical skills.
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Solid analytical skills and the ability to work well in a team environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication, good judgement, strong interpersonal skills, demonstrated ability to work in a changing, fast-paced, and energetic environment. An ability to communicate well with both lawyers and non-lawyers.
- Effective organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects to meet fluctuating deadlines.
- Private equity finance background, highly important
- Qualitative and quantitative analysis