Corporate Litigation CounselApply
Pravati Capital is searching for a Corporate Litigation Counsel to join our growing Pravati Capital team. The Corporate Litigation Counsel will report to the CEO of the company and will work individually and/or collaboratively with the other members of the legal and executive leadership team on a variety of complex business and legal issues pertaining to the Company, including but not limited to, the duties and responsibilities set forth below.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Handle litigation and/or arbitration matters internally and with outside counsel.
- Provides legal counsel and guidance to the officers of Pravati and other upper management on all legal matters relevant to a large private investment fund, including personnel law, policies, procedures, rules, and regulations, and laws pertaining to contracts, UCCs, the SEC, and other regulations impacting the company.
- Reviews, researches, interprets, and prepares both written and oral opinions on a wide variety of legal issues.
- Reviews contracts and other legal documents; research legal issues and recommends revisions as necessary.
- Represents or oversees the representation of Pravati and upper management in judicial and administrative proceedings, and in negotiations with other parties.
- Selects and retains outside counsel, as required, to obtain legal opinions or to handle claims and litigation.
- Supervises legal work of other attorneys, paralegals, and outside counsel; consults on difficult or sensitive issues.
- Maintains professional growth and development through seminars, workshops, and professional affiliations to keep abreast of latest developments in litigation finance law and in other related areas.
Education & Experience Requirements
- 5-10 years of litigation experience
- Bachelor’s Degree – Finance or Business preferred.
- JD from an accredited law school
- Ability to provide competent legal advice and counsel to senior officials on a wide range of legal and policy issues.
- Ability to analyze and interpret issues and to prepare legal opinions.
- Knowledge of current and developing legal issues and trends in area of expertise.
- Ability to supervise and coordinate the work of legal professionals, paraprofessionals, and consultants.
- Knowledge of financial/business analysis techniques.
Back to open positions