We are looking for an experienced Transactional Paralegal to join our growing Pravati Capital team. The Transactional Paralegal will provide legal, transactional, compliance, and administrative support across multiple cross-functional teams, including project finance and development teams, with an emphasis on transaction closings and contract preparation and execution. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record as an in-house or law firm corporate or transactional paralegal with experience supporting closings for complex project finance or similar transactions, as well as contract review and preparation, entity management, and corporate governance.
The candidate would assist sophisticated transactions for private and some publicly held companies, debt and equity financing transactions including private placements and venture capital, corporate governance for closely held small and medium-sized businesses, and other miscellaneous corporate-oriented work (securities filings, review of UCC and lien search reports, due diligence review, etc). Should be a paralegal with 5+ years of experience in real estate, financing, corporate and other transactional legal work. Responsibilities include assisting attorneys with a wide range of projects including UCC financing statements, retrieval, and review of UCC searches, due diligence, and post-closing preparation of closing documents. Good organizational and communication skills required plus the ability to work directly with clients and lawyers under minimum supervision.
- Preparing ancillary legal documents in all aspects of transactional law.
- Preparing and filing formation documents of all types of corporate entities including charter documents, organizational consents, bylaws, company agreements, partnership agreements, obtaining EIN’s and qualification in applicable state jurisdictions.
- Monitoring and reviewing transactional documents for the purpose of preparing and updating the closing checklist to track the status of transactional documents and the progression of the transaction.
- Review and assist with preparation and negotiation of standard contracts, including non-disclosure agreements, master services agreements, consulting agreements, and basic amendments and change orders.
- Prepare due diligence request lists; guiding and working with clients for the collection of due diligence information and materials; analyzing due diligence materials to assist attorneys, and collaborating with clients, and aiding attorneys in consulting with opposing counsel to resolve open issues.
- Analyzing corporate documents to determine jurisdictions in which to conduct searches for UCC-1 financing statements; federal and state tax liens; furniture, fixtures, and judgment liens; bankruptcy filings; and federal, state and county litigation filings.
- Coordinating requests between multiple parties involved in litigation by way of consistent communication with clients, claims, and full partnership with an attorney through the end of the case.
- Prepare, organize, and file documents and correspondence.
- Conduct legal research.
- Coordinate and schedule calendars.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years of corporate experience in a law firm environment
- ABA-approved paralegal certification
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- High attention to detail
- Resourceful research and analytical skills
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects and tasks
- Proficient in Microsoft Office